Mission Statement

For those new to the site, this blog is, in short, a nostalgic journey for myself to complete every core Final Fantasy game over the 101 days before the launch of XIII in an effort to become a true FF fanatic.

Monday, January 25, 2010

FFX-2 & FFXI

Even though I have over forty days left, I still pretty much have four complete games of 40-50 hours in length to go. Adding up the hours played so far, the first seven games add up to the same amount of time as the last four games. So I'm starting to feel the strain, especially since I'm finding it hard to put aside play time lately. I'm still hopeful to hit my goal but I'm adjusting some parameters for myself. Minor adjustments.

I'm not going to be playing X-2 at all. It's not part of the main series anyway, so I don't feel guilty taking it off my to do list. It's an acceptable loss at this point I think. Removed.

I've added XI to the to do list already crossed off. Since it's part of the series from the view point of Square, I feel like it's an experience I would have needed to take part in to count myself a true fanatic of the main series.

While playing the game religiously for three years I achieved:

75 WHM
73 SMN
Decent level in a plethora of other jobs
Acquired all summons through Aht Urgan XP
Got my complete WHM artifact set
Raided end game content

With all this done, I feel like the game was completed, there wasn't really any content that I never got to see with the exception of some of the end game bosses of expansion packs. I explored every nook and cranny of that world. I lived in it for three years. More importantly I got every last summon - the hard way.

So I'm putting it up there, and marking it done with confidence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woop woop

Rhek said...

woohoo! my following has increased by 33% in one day!!!! =D