Mission Statement

For those new to the site, this blog is, in short, a nostalgic journey for myself to complete every core Final Fantasy game over the 101 days before the launch of XIII in an effort to become a true FF fanatic.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Final Fantasy II, The Emperor is dead!.. for real this time.

I decided against power leveling my guys for the last dungeon and instead opted to just level on the way to the last boss. I picked up 99 ethers, and 30 or so of every other type of potion and headed to the final dungeon. Upon dying Cid gifted me with his airship, but I had to go through the depths of hell to reach the Pandemonium castle. I fought tooth and nail down 10 levels then up 10 levels and along the way, my weak Lokeir up'd his health from about 1k to over 2300 and his hits from about 500 to 1k. I totally gave up on using Ultima and stuck with Teleport, killing all manner of bosses up to the Undead Emperor. I tried using teleport on him and it just healed him for like 1k... so that didn't work, but I suppose that would have been too easy. =)

However, it was almost just as easy. While Yorik hit for 0 dmg with his fists of fury, as Lokeir used his two end game swords, including Excalibur, to his for 0 dmg and 0 dmg, and Nicole hit him with Ultima for 120 dmg... good old trust worthy Ikorid who I decided to switch to swords on a hunch two days ago, well... he was hitting him for 5k. So the emperor lasted all of three rounds before dying single handedly to the Blood Sword in the hands of Ikorid. Beautiful... I'm glad I played this game on my trek to become a true fanatic and I did enjoy it, but man am I glad to leave that leveling system behind. Hopefully the next one is much more conventional. Here's some pics of my crew at the end again, enjoy! =D

2 comments:

Darren Hupke said...

Ha, good stuff. Final Fantasy III is only on the DS. It's a 3D remake that came out pretty well. I got a very strong "my first RPG" feel from it, but it has a simple job system, so you should dig it. I want you to get to 5 already, thats one I REALLY dug.

Do you plan on playing Final Fantasy IV on the DS (3D remake like III) or the GBA version?

Rhek said...

Didn't know there was a DS version, haven't been doing research on platforms until I'm nearing completion of the prior game. I have the GBA version already, but if there's a DS version, I might play that. If Casey will let me keep his DS that long... =D